Andrew and I travel so often and the last thing I want to do when we get home from a long trip is to cook. Sure we could order take-out, but after eating out for so long, it’s nice to have a home cooked meal. That’s why I’ve started planning ahead and preparing freezer meals that we can enjoy when we get back from traveling. And thanks to Samsung, I have the perfect appliances to create a fantastic meal. One of my favorite freezer meals is this easy Vegetarian Enchilada Pasta Casserole.
8oz pasta (I prefer chickpea pasta for extra protein)
2 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup refried beans
2 cups black beans
1 cup corn kernals
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
salt & pepper to taste
4 oz grated cheese (I use vegan cheddar)
Toppings of choice (avocado, peppers, cilantro, etc.)
- Combine the enchilada sauce and refried beans and whisk together to mix well.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add the sauce/bean mixture, vegetable broth and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then add corn, black beans and seasonings.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Transfer to an oven and freezer safe dish.
- Let cool. Then cover with foil and place in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from freezer and remove foil (put aside for future use).
- Defrost in microwave for 10 minutes.
- Place foil back on and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes, remove foil and add shredded cheese.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve.
Next time you’re planning a trip, I highly recommend preparing a freezer meal for a yummy welcome home. To shop my appliances featured here, please visit Samsung.
This post in collaboration with Samsung. All opinions are my own.